More Information About Your Luxury Home

What is a park home?

A park home is built in a designated factory to exacting specifications and designed to the same standards as a bricks and mortar property. They are guaranteed to last at least 60 years and are low-maintenance and luxurious properties. You can customise every aspect of a park home and ensure this is tailored to your specific budget and requirements. Your specifications are adhered to during the production process to ensure your home is built to perfection. Once your home is complete it is transported to Fillybrook Fields, where it is statically sited on your plot.

How are park homes different from conventional housing?

Park homes have a similar appearance to a traditionally built bungalow, they have pitched roofs and are aesthetically pleasing, however they are built a different way. Park homes are built in a designated factory and then carefully transported once complete. Fillybrook Fields’ park homes are available fully furnished, with the opportunity of bespoke interior. Our park homes are spacious and come with built in storage as well as central heating and double glazing. Fillybrook Fields partner with quality manufacturers whose homes meet the British Standard BS3632.

How is a park home sited?

Your home will be supported and levelled by steel jacks on a concrete base, this will be sited by professionals once your park home has been built and transported. Your home will then be connected to water, electricity and gas supplies.

What does the purchase price include?

A Fillybrook Fields home is already significantly cheaper than a traditional bricks and mortar home, however you are getting even better value for your money as with your home comes all built-in furniture and the option for bespoke touches! This guarantees you a quick and easy move!

Is Fillybrook Fields a Licensed Resident Park?

Fillybrook Fields are a licensed resident park, our license allows our residents to reside on park all year round. You can feel reassured that we are a fully compliant park operator as we are also a member of the British Holiday & Home Parks Association (BH&HPA).

What are my rights as the owner of a park home?

You will be the official homeowner; this means you have full control over your home and are able to make as many internal changes as you wish. You are in control of your living space, as per the Mobile Homes Act 1983 Written Statement. The pitch you reside however is still owned by Fillybrook Fields; you must seek permission in writing from the landowner before making substantial changes to your home’s exterior.

Does this park have an age restriction?

Yes, you must be 50+ to reside at Fillybrook Fields.

Are pets allowed?

Fillybrook Fields allow no more than one dog per household. We do not allow any other pets, this includes cats. In order to have a dog on the park this must not be a breed which is subject to the Dangerous Dog Act 1991.

Are children allowed on the park?

Children can visit and stay with you anytime you wish, however anyone under the age restriction is not allowed to live on the park.

Does the law extend protection to the homeowners of park homes?

The Mobile Homes Act ensures the protection of the rights of Homeowners living on residential parks. This gives park homeowners the right to sell their home at any time, as well as security of tenure. There are rules in place about pitch fees and inheritance which you can ask us about anytime if you would like to know more!

Do park homes lose their value?

Park home prices reflect the property market, so unless the property market is in decline park homes do not lose their value. As with any residential property, the value of your home will fluctuate. Most of the value of a park home is based upon the land it resides, so if the land continues to go up in value then your park home should not fall. There are factors to take into account that contribute to the overall price of the home, such as the age, size, condition and location of the home. There is an increasing demand for park homes, should this continue the value will remain consistent and in line with regular home pricing.

Do I have to pay stamp duty on a park home?

Unlike a conventional home, there is no stamp duty to pay when purchasing a park home. This is just one of the many benefits of park home living.

Are the purchase costs for a park home different from conventional housing?

This can vary according to factors like the market conditions of your home, as well as the cost and specifications, as with a standard home. Fillybrook Fields offer homes to suite all needs and budgets.

Are the running costs different from conventional housing?

Fillybrook Fields are not allowed to add any extra charges to our resident’s utility bill, there for as with conventional housing you will need to make the usual provisions for council tax, gas, electric and water bills. These do tend to compare favourably to conventional housing bills. Although you do not pay Stamp Duty, when purchasing a park home, you must consider pitch fees, which are in place to cover the maintenance in and around the park.

Are park homes efficient?

Park homes are incredibly energy efficient; they are made with greater U-Values (the basis for measuring the effectiveness of building materials as an insulator). This is one of the many benefits of living in a park home.

What will my pitch fee include?

Your pitch fee covers the following;

  • General landscaping to all communal areas
  • Maintenance to communal areas
  • Street lighting
  • Foul drainage
  • Site signage
  • Health and safety repairs to all communal areas
  • Site insurances – individual home insurance is the responsibility of individual residents, this is not covered under this
  • Site safety certifications (electrical and fire)
  • Fire extinguisher testing (applicable to site-provided communal extinguishers)
  • BH&HPA Membership
  • General administration

Can I resell my park home?

Should you wish to move from Fillybrook Fields, you may sell your home at any time, as with conventional housing. We can guide you through the selling process for a speedy sale.

Will the pitch fee increase?

There is a yearly pitch fee review and if there is a need to increase this, this will usually increase no more than in line with RPI, which was no more than between £1.50 and £3 per month last year. This will only be increased if there is a need to cover any increase in the parks running costs.

How do I secure buying a home?

Fillybrook Fields have two routes you can go down when purchasing a park home-

A cash purchase – in order to do this, you would need to meet with a member of the Fillybrook team to sign documentation, along with a deposit to secure your home. The remaining balance is them paid when you are ready to move.

Assisted Sale – this involves meeting with a member of the Fillybrook team for a consultation in order to sign documentation, along with a deposit to secure your home. We will then look after the sale of your existing home; upon completion of the sale the balance of your park home will be paid to us and any surplus directly to you. You will then be able to move into your Park home with ease as soon as you wish to do so.

Do I need a solicitor in the purchase of a park home?

Unlike a traditional bricks and mortar property, there is no requirement for a solicitor when purchasing a park home.

Can I make amendments to my park home?

You are free to amend the interior of your home as you wish, we would recommend that you use a familiar contractor to the park homes when replacing the bathroom or kitchen.

You must ensure you have written permission from the park owner before amending the exterior of you park home or the area surrounding your home. We will not unreasonable refuse any request that is compliant with our license conditions, should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to ask us about this.

Can I rent a park home?

Fillybrook Fields’ park homes are for purchase only.

Can I rent out my park home?

The Mobile Homes Act confirms your park home must be your main residence in the UK, you are not to rent out your home.

What about utility payments and council tax?

You will need to make the usual provision for the payment of council tax, gas, water and electricity bills. You should establish what these are likely to be before you buy. For example, many park homes are rated in ‘Band A’ for council tax purposes (the lowest band).